Monday, August 18, 2008

Kids and Trampolines don't always mix!

My kids love to jump on our Olympic style trampoline. It is rectangle and really bouncy. They have learned to do many tricks, double bounce each other, and flips. They've gotten pretty good. Yesterday, around 6:45 or so, Marti did her front flip. She's really very good at landing them. This time was no exception. Unfortunately, when she took a step back, she was too close to the edge. She fell. One of the teenagers from down the street held her, while another teen came to find me. They thought she just knocked the wind out of herself. But then, she screamed. I came walking around the corner, looked at her wrist, and knew it was broke. We rushed to the ER, they did their thing, and sure enough, she broke it right in front of the growth plate. That's a good thing. The doc said it would heal itself within 4 weeks. She's in a plaster cast, her dad and I have already signed it. Did I mention the first day of school my youngest, Toby, feel on the play ground and I had to go get him, take him to the doctor to make sure he didn't need stitches? Yeah, my oldest is going to be wrapped in bubble wrap for about 2 or 3 weeks!

No comments: