Friday, August 1, 2008

Family Fun


Today was an awesome day for the Tibbles' family. We have all been so busy, and going in different directions for so long. Since we couldn't afford to go on a real (or even mini) vacation, I decided a day trip was in high order!

I remember many summers growing up when my family would go to local state parks here in Oklahoma, my favorite being Woolaroc. So I found Woolaroc online and told the hubby he would take the day off on Friday, August 1st because, "We are going on a field trip!" And we did.

I packed the cooler and a basket with a great lunch of sandwiches, chips and cookies, mini cans and bottles of soda, juice pouches and water. It was wonderful, and everyone had a great time! The picture is in the lookout tower on top of one of the buildings.

If you live in Oklahoma and have never been to Woolaroc, you NEED TO GO! woolaroc.org Check it out! Some of my other childhood favorites are the Phillips 66 museum and mansion in Bartlesville and Will Rogers birth place in Claremore. All these are related in time to the oil boom. Actually, Phillips 66 is the same Frank Phillips who created Woolaroc!

What are some of your favorite day trips? And if you don't have any, create some! It's a wonderful way to build your family connectivity!

1 comment:

Steve said...

If you haven't heard of it, try geocaching! http://www.geocaching.com Get yourself a basic GPS unit that can track longitudes and latitudes and you search out hidden treasures all over the area. You'll find places right in Owasso that you never knew existed, while the entire family plays scavenger hunt - for free (besides gas and the initial investment in the GPS)! You can go to my blog and search on "geocache" to find a few entries where I've written about our adventures.