Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Prayer requests and other things

1) My sister-in-law is 4 months pregnant. Most would think she is out of the danger zone. We all did. But then something happened on Saturday that made her go to the hospital. She has placenta previa. This is when the placenta forms in the wrong spot. I may be over-simplifying this, but that's what I do! I AM a mom and preschool teacher after all! Anyway, the baby is doing wonderful and has a strong heart beat. Alisha on the other hand is on 80% bed rest. Her husband, Jeremy, says that isn't good enough, 100% bed rest. Only getting up to use the restroom. I just can't imagine how she must be feeling. My prayer is that she would be safe through this pregnancy, not bleed too much, and is able to make it to term, which is late January.

2) This one is more tricky. I don't want to say too much on this matter, but suffice it to say that Tim and I have a few different friends whose spouses have chosen to leave for whatever reason. Infidelity has been a part of this. Please pray for our friends to make it through this very hard time. In two cases, the spouse who cheated wants out, and the victim wants to work things out. My heart is breaking for these friends.

Tim and I continue to be blessed. God is so good to us.

We are very ready for school to start. The kids are starting to fight more regularly, and they are incredibly whinny. I keep saying I can't take any more! So I guess you can add me to that prayer request list, that I keep my sanity over the next two weeks! Yes, I said two weeks, we start school on August 13! Yippee!!!!

1 comment:

Steve said...

Marriage is a very, very hard thing to be successful at. God bless you and Tim.

Also, I read your reply about coming to OKC. That Tim! ;o) He can drive his scooter along Route 66 to save on gas and Pikepass money to save additional funds too! You and anyone else at FCC that needs a place to stay are always welcome!