Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Kids...

I mentioned in my last post that we got pregnant sooner than we intended. What a scary, crazy, incredible blessing Timothy Neal Tibbles II, aka Buddy, has been in our life. He is almost 12, going into Junior High this August. He is named after his daddy, loves basketball like his daddy, and looks a lot like me. He was baptized last summer at church camp. Oh so proud of my "little man" as I have called him since birth. He tried out for band this past spring. He is going to play trumpet in the 6th grade band. So now I get to hear him blowing his horn around the house practicing whatever "new" song they are supposed to learn. I am not one who likes a lot of noise in the house. This is going to really stretch the patience I always seem to be lacking. He is very laid back, come what may. That is, until he gets mad at one of his siblings! He is a typical oldest child who knows nearly everything about everything, and wants you to know it.

Martha Nadine, aka Marti, came along just 19 short months after her big brother. She is 10 1/2, going into the 4th grade. I absolutely love having a girl. She and I are the best of friends. I used to think that she looked like Tim and his side of the family. But the older she gets, the more she looks like me. She loves to dance, and her teacher tells me she is really talented. I say "her teacher tells me" because OF COURSE I think she is talented, but it has more credit coming from her teacher! She just finished up her 3rd year of dancing at a studio here in Owasso. She does tap, jazz, and ballet. Next year she is going to add lyrical. She wants to try out for the competitive group next spring.

Last is Tobias Nathaniel, aka Toby or Tobs. He is 6 1/2, going into the 1st grade. Toby hasn't found his perfect sport/hobby as of yet. He has played soccer for the last two years. He seems to have enjoyed it somewhat, but he's ready to move on to the next thing. He wants to try football next. Maybe through our local YMCA in the fall. We'll see. He's a pretty little guy, and I'm rather protective. Although, it might toughen him up some... Some words I have heard to describe him are crazy, wild, hyper, hard to handle, ADD... I tend to only half agree. He just loves life. And enjoys it to the fullest. And I find it hard to believe there is anything wrong with that. He is definitely a typical youngest child, begrudging the older two their freedoms and privileges. He is often heard saying things like, "I wish I was the oldest." Poor kid. I can't relate. I AM the oldest, as is Tim.

Awww, children. I love and adore mine immensely. They also drive me completely bonkers sometimes! But I love what my husband says about his feelings of having kids. It teaches us something about the love of God for His children. No matter what my kids do or say, I never stop loving them, or forgiving them. Even if it is the same thing they keep doing over and over and over again. It also makes me appreciate more the sacrifice He made in giving up His only child. I don't know if I could let MY son die on a cross for a hypocritical, adulterous, and traitorous people. And yet, our heavenly Father did just that. Amazing. No matter the sin, no matter the multiple times I commit said sin, I am forgiven. He loves me more than I love my own kids. Wow, what a revelation.

No comments: